Right now though, they're re-showing last week's episode and all these speech bubbles keep popping up with viewers' opinions on what the characters say and do. It's like MTV is totally aware of how ridiculous this show is, and are more than willing to participate in the ridicule. That's called flak.
Anyways, I'm going to watch each segment of the episode and then comment during the commercials... so I'll be right back!
_________________________________________
- I think in the scene between Audrina and Lauren there were at least 5 shots of just facial expressions, without any conversation. It's fantastic.
- Also, Whitney is seeming a little less cool than she has previously... because she's thinking of this boy, Jay. For the first time, big things are happening to Whitney, with the DVF job offer, and the move to NYC and her new show (OMG!) so it's only natural that a guy must also be involved in the storyline. Why would we ever be concerned with a story without a love interest, right MTV?
- "Do you know how immature this relationship sounds?"-Spencer. Um, do you know immature YOU are, Spencer?
- "Go be a nun... in one of those nun things"-Spencer. Need I say more?
- Why does Stephanie put herself in these situations? Clearly that meal (between Spencer, Heidi and Cameron) was not going to be comfortable. No one would choose to be in situation like that... it must have been contrived by the producers. Stuff like this is what makes people think this show is fake.

- OH MY GOD they went to Laguna!!! The original center of the dramatic universe. (Sidenote: they played Britney Spears' new song, "Circus." This is why I love this show.)
- So Whitney's interview didn't really impress me. She is an eloquent, articulate speaker but she didn't seem like she thought she had to work to get the job. When she was sitting in the lobby she didn't look to nervous, and her answer to the "Why DVF?" question was not very enthusiastic considering that DVF is one of the most fantastic designers in the world. Most people would kill for this sort of opportunity, while Whitney seemed kind of underwhelmed.
- God, when they show the sweeping views of Laguna, my heart starts to race. This is where I met these people & where I initially fell in love with these shows. **Sigh**
- Even when Whitney leaves DVF she acts like she got the job. Did she? And why is that boy there? Why is Whitney more excited about Jay than Diane freaking Von Furstenberg?!?!?!?!? But, they do seem to really like each other. He's sweet. But if she moves to New York following some dumb infatuation I will lose my respect for her. Will you?
_______________________________________
Um soooo The Hills After Show is on now, and I've never watched it, or had any desire to do so... before now. But it's great. (Have you ever seen it? ) And again, HELLLLLOOOOO MTV FLAK! They're making fun of Whitney for plugging The City during her DVF interview, but seconds later they're playing a preview for the new show as well as a "documentary" about Whitney's rise from Teen Vogue.

And they just did a count of blank stares. The after show might be even better than the actual show.
______________________________________
Check out this promo on DVF.com Shameless!!!

1 comment:
Talk about paradox: I viewed this program for the first time and it is, to use the parlance of some day - retarded. However, it is also so over my head that I don't understand its most basic concept. It's disturbing yet interesting (like Martha Stewart) the way the show and all the stuff around the show is set in a kind of feedback loop. Ultimately it reminded me of the film "Idiocracy" but with really pointlessly expensive clothes.
What kind of company hires a person who can't answer the question "why do you want to work for us?" A company that's trying to enter the commercialized exploitative mind-draining drivel pop social crap these kind of reality shows are I guess. I don't know if this is the worse of them - okay, let's hope it is.
Now, let me tell you, back in my day, when we did use the word "retarded" to describe a show like this, and no one thought it politically incorrect because all politics of the time were incorrect, well kids, the ferry cost a nickel. And we wore an onion tied to our belts, because that was the fashion, and everyone was doing it...
Post a Comment